Tips on what to do if you and your children are feeling anxious?The outbreak of COVID-19 has led many individuals to feeling afraid, anxious and stressed.
Here are some tips to help manage your stress and anxiety levels during this uncertain time.
• Manage your information flow by choosing reliable sources and establish boundaries on checking for updates.
• Help your school-aged child and adolescent set boundaries on their information flow in the same way you are setting your own boundaries.
• Assure your child that it is okay to feel scared or anxious.
• Practice good self-care by exercising, eating healthy foods, practicing mindfulness, sleeping enough at night and going outside when permittable.
• Seek peer support to stay connected so you have people who understand your experiences and can help you problem solve.
• Facilitate ways for you, your family members and friends to maintain social connections. This might include technological assistance or coordinating times with others to physically check in on vulnerable individuals.
• Call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.